I hear from many clients that they could only dream of a boudoir session. Today on the blog, I share a client whose dream it was to have these images taken – to see herself as a work of art! I’ll let her share the rest….
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? My photo shoot was a gift given to me to fulfill a lifelong dream.
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? I felt fairly self confident and beautiful, but had some hang-ups that made me wonder how well I’d look in professional photos. Concerns about facial expressions, hand positions, etc. Things I’ve disliked about my candid photos, that I hoped would look better having a professional position me.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? A lot more confidence, happiness, and gratitude that the beauty I feel inside can be translated to photo keepsakes with the guidance and artistic direction of a professional.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Whirlwind, fun, unexpected
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? I loved the opportunity to showcase so many beautiful outfits that were all gifted to me. It’s one thing to wear outfits for inspiration in the bedroom (and quickly remove them), but to have someone else’s vision to capture those outfits fitting perfectly is really something special to me. It gives me much more appreciation for the work that went into those clothes, and how well they can accentuate beautiful bodies. It makes me feel that much more beautiful for someone else’s art to look good on my body (also art), and be captured by yet another artist. I think it really gave me a stronger appreciation for art, as a whole.
6) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? Ignore all of your hesitations and just do it. Seriously, don’t even bother telling me about your hesitations! If you don’t do it on your own, I’m going to tie you up kicking and screaming and force you to do it. My aunt and uncle pretty much did that to me when I was 13 to take my first ride on a rollercoaster. I’m so glad they did. It opened up a whole new world for me. I still don’t often take risks, but some leaps you know deep down you just HAVE to take, and you’re so happy you did. This is one of those risks worth taking. There are absolutely ZERO chances of any losses or failures. You are guaranteed to reap only good benefits from this experience.