I am so excited to bring you this blog post and share this AMAZING woman’s experience with you!
First, here’s what she posted in our private Facebook group (as of the writing of this blog post, she is the cover photo of the group! Join us there!
“When I booked my session with Maura, I spent an entire week thinking “what the hell did I just get myself into”. I let a friend, who also had an amazing experience with Maura, convince me to do this. This is something SO out of the ordinary for me… I think I may have had some wine the night I booked. & then I realized there was no turning back!
It took everything in me to get out of my car that day & walk to the door. I kept thinking how I’d rather run away & take the loss on my money than actually go through with this. Then I said what I’ve been saying about most of my life these days….”whatever, it is what it is”. I decided this may look terrible & I would just end up hiding my body & the photos from everyone for the rest of my life.
Then the door opened to the loudest scream & the biggest hug that instantly put a genuine smile on my face (those have been rare lately).
We got started & I still couldn’t believe I was doing this. After less than 5 minutes, I had completely lost all of my “shy” & felt amazing, standing there half naked in front of someone I only met 30 minutes ago. It sounds crazy, but it was the most comfortable I have ever been with a friend! Even my best friends can tell you- I hide even in a bathing suit around them. This felt natural & Maura even showed me a couple “to die for” shots on the back of the camera as we went. This made me feel even more amazing as I saw a small glimpse of what I actually looked like.
Today, I got to see myself through Maura’s eyes. We did a photo viewing via internet chat since we’re social distancing. There wasn’t a single photo that I would be afraid to show anyone, even complete strangers. I love them all & I love this entire experience.
This experience isn’t just for people struggling with their self image. This is something everyone should do. This feeling of “I’m amazing & every move I make is perfect” has still not faded away & it’s as strong as ever. We all have bad days & negative thoughts, but this experience has awakened the feeling of I Love Me. I don’t care if i make a wrong decision, I will forgive myself because I LOVE ME! This is not JUST self-image, this is your take on LIFE!
It doesn’t matter what other people say, it matters what Maura says.”
Here’s what she said about her session:
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? One of my best friends confided in me that she did it & she showed me her photos & shared her experience with me. She is generally more outgoing than I am, but I could tell how proud she was of her photos & I could see a new love for herself beaming from her smile.
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? I was stuck in an ongoing battle of hating myself for having a body that is failing me as a woman. Every single day, it crossed my mind that I’m in a war with unexplained infertility. I’m doing something wrong & i don’t even know what it is. Even with a loving & supportive husband, I couldn’t shake these feelings of failure.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? I’m a completely different person! Even the day I left, I drove home with such an amazing & happy feeling for the first time in years. The car is a tough place for my thoughts, but all I could think was how much fun I just had. I felt so good & confident that I one of my outfits back on at home & greeted my husband when he got home from work! 🙂 The feelings of nervousness set in awhile after, but once I had my photo viewing, they disappeared again! Quickly! The photos confirmed how I felt that day & that feeling has not faded yet! My boudoir experience has made me look back at how I was feeling about myself everyday & comparing it to how I feel now, all in 1 day.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Life-changing, Fun, Emotional
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? Maura, duh! She makes this so easy. No, you don’t need to know how to do these poses or faces, she teaches you all of it. & you will laugh while she’s teaching you! We had fun, we laughed, we cried…. when I left, my face hurt from smiling. & these aren’t evening smiling photos!
6) What value do you think a boudoir session brings to your life and the community of women you support? Self love for sure. It is so hard to believe how much one day has changed my feelings towards myself. I’m a beautiful woman despite the battles I face & I’ll find my to the end because I’m strong & brave & beautiful. It doesn’t matter what I do or don’t achieve in life, it matters who I am
7) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? Just do it. I already regret that I booked 6 months in advance, I wish I had done it sooner!