I often talk about how one of the most beneficial outcomes of a boudoir session is that you begin to see yourself in a new way. You see yourself through my eyes. You start to see yourself the way everyone else sees you.
When I look at you, I don’t see the standard you hold yourself up to, all the failures and defeats, all the pain you have experienced. When you look in the mirror, you see all the hardships, the pain, the agony, poking and prodding at your body, wishing for things to be different, wanting these “flaws” to go away.
It’s hard for us to look in the mirror and not see those things, so it’s important to take some time to let someone show you what they see. I see a strong and radiant woman staring back and me and that’s all I want to capture!!
Today I’m thankful to be able to showcase a client who is the epitome of strength, beauty and radiance. She didn’t believe it until she saw it. So honored I could show her this side of herself!
Here’s what she shared on Facebook after her photo reveal!
” ‘You’ll never see yourself from this angle. You don’t see you the way I see you.’
She’s right. I don’t see myself the way Maura McCarl Chick does, but I am stronger seeing her version of me.
It is unbelievable the transformation that takes place during your time at Maura’s.
I really …. don’t have the right words. “
Here’s what she said about her shoot!
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? Personal growth
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? Not great
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? Better, when I see the pictures.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Better than imagined
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? Just being with Maura.
6) What value do you think a boudoir session brings to your life and the community of women you support? Boosting confidence to every one who books one…. Just what women need. Confidence. Strength.
7) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? Go through with it