There’s not much I can add to this amazing woman’s story, so here she is in her own words! Take her advice!
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? I had done one previously with a national company. And while the pictures turned out nice there was definitely something missing. A friend of mine told me about Pics by Chicks and Maura and it peaked my interest. After looking through multiple gorgeous photos I decided that it was time for me to redo my photos the right way. I had also just celebrated my one year Anniversary of a life-changing decision. In May 2017 after years of struggling with my weight and knowing that my health was deteriorating much like that of the family members I decided to have weight-loss surgery. I’ve lost over 130 pounds. Having the photo shoot was my way of validating the work that I’ve put in to myself.
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? Unsure, skeptical, good, healthy, beautiful, ok… I felt a lot of different ways about myself. I feel better and clothes than I ever did, but naked I was very unsure. Weight-loss surgery isn’t a magic fix it doesn’t change the way you look at yourself… I feel great but my head still struggles to understand the change.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? It was definitely enlightening. What I can say is if you have your photos taken no matter how you are feeling when you walk in that house if you do not walk out standing a little taller with your chin propped up a little bit more then there is something wrong and no amount of make up or posing for pictures is going to change that. Because behind those doors is a woman that empowers you in a way I cannot put into words. I walked out of my photo shoot standing taller and maybe even a little cocky but in such a good way. Feeling that way about yourself is something that I can only say I felt maybe one or two times in my entire life and it feels so so good.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Liberating Empowering DAMN!!!!
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? That’s not fair! I loved it all. The conversation, contortioning, laughter… it was all amazing. To trot around a house in almost nothing ( and at some points nothing ) and be completely comfortable says something about the environment. Maura never makes you feel out of your element! You feel accepted, beautiful and completely comfortable…that’s the favorite part.
6) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? Why haven’t you booked! While the finished product will be presented to my husband, this entire experience was completely for me and I loved every single second.