I love this woman. I’ll leave this post in her own words.
Here’s what she posted in our private Facebook group after her photo reveal:
“Once upon a time where was a girl who was very broken… and lost and sad… who felt invisible and worthless and unlovable… and I prayed for God to guide my path and help me… I spent many nights for many years crying for help (usually in my car so I could clean myself up before my kids seen me.. my neighbors always looked concerned ♀️ lol), very low times that I don’t talk about much… he listened… he has answered my prayers in very unique ways and at very unexpected times over the years…
I found Maura 3 years ago … from a stranger to a mentor and now my friend. I keep trying to find the words that will express what she has done to my heart over those 3 years. I don’t know if there are words. So I will explain as best I can…
When you have the hardest day and your physically and mentally exhausted and there is nothing left… that moment you come home and walk in your house and close the door and you can breathe in that deep breath of fresh air knowing you in a safe space and you can be free to be yourself… with your hair down and your sweatpants on … that’s Maura. She is a safe space… she is comfort. A big hug after a hard day. She is solid for us even when she is at her weakest… she is trust and honor and unbelievable joy. She is one of a kind. She is so very special.
I tell people that boudoir is worth every penny. It is. I have had 3 sessions with Maura… and to think I contemplated cancelling my first one because I was scared of all of the things… the vulnerability… the money… what would people think … i come back because in every session I release more of that mean girl inside myself… I learn to love myself… to not take life so seriously…to remember that being a woman is so freakin cool. I do these shoots for me. I work my ass off to save up for these days… they are my days… my “investments of the heart”… they keep me connected to me so I don’t get lost in a world that I never again want to blend in.
Maura … Thank You for helping me see who I am… thank you for believing in me so much that I now believe in me… thank you for making me get comfortable with the uncomfortable… thank you for being you… in the last most difficult year of your life you still showed up for us, for me… and I hope you know how much you are loved… and how much better this world is because you are in it.
This day goes in the memory books of my life… these photos remind me that I am a freaking goddess and that my days of being in the shadows are over. I can’t wait to see what next year brings. I am glad you are part of my life. How lucky am I?
I love you friend.”
Here’s what she says about her session:
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? Boudoir keeps your body image in check. Your reminded that your enough at every phase you are in.
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? Pretty good, because I’ve been with Maura for awhile 🙂
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? Amazing as always! My cheeks hurt from laughing more than my back did from arching!! Lol
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Fun, Freedom & Friendship
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? Everything! Mauras hug takes the cake though!!
6) What value do you think a boudoir session brings to your life and the community of women you support? Hard to put in words how these shoots help you to love yourself and look at yourself beyond the flaws and scars and past… women are so hard on thenselves… boudoir reminds you that your a babe.
7) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? DO IT.