I think this beautiful woman has some sound advice for you all. She says below, “don’t make excuses. Stop saying you need to lose weight.” This is the number 1 reservation people have about booking their life changing boudoir session. I’m here to tell you that your weight doesn’t matter, it never will to me. You deserve a boudoir session NOW. Your weight is just a number – it doesn’t dictate your worth, tell you who you are, or change the beauty of your soul. It should never be your barrier to anything in life!
And, here’s what I tell everyone when they say they want to lose weight – if you try to lose weight for a photo session, you are doing it for all the wrong reasons. You should want to be healthy and active but you shouldn’t use a session as a REASON to lose weight. What happens if you do lose the weight you worry about, gain it back after the session, then look at your images and constantly pressure yourself to get back to that weight?!? It’s a no win cycle, and why I’m a body positive activist.
Don’t make any excuses. You are worthy now, no matter what the scale says!
The rest of this post, I’ll leave in her words:
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? As a gift for myself. I had gone through a divorce and had a baby shortly after that, so I needed to focus on feeling good about myself again.
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? I felt extremely insecure in who I was. I constantly questioned my self worth. I was filled with negativity and resentment towards myself.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? It’s funny how much can change in a few hours with Maura. I instantly felt my confidence soar. The doubt disappeared, I stopped the negative self talk, and I realized that I am worthy of love.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Inspiring. Edifying. Liberating.
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? Literally all of it. Every single minute of the day was amazing.
6) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? If you want to do it, don’t make excuses! Stop saying you need to lose weight. The true gift of this experience is what happens on the inside, the photos are just a bonus (a really good bonus!).