This woman is someone I have admired for years. She first came to me awhile back for photos of her daughter for her first birthday. Then again for her second birthday, third, the next daughter arrived and our adventures continued. I knew from the moment I met her that I wanted her to do a boudoir and it was just a waiting game for me.
She’s an amazing mother raising two little girls who are the light of my life. They make me smile and I enjoy every minute I am with them. Her oldest makes me drawings and paints for me, and I love to display her artwork in the studio. They are so special to me. The personalities and hearts they have is an exact reflection of their mother.
She’s showing her girls to be proud of themselves, not be ashamed of what you have and embrace every part of who they are. She even brought her oldest daughter to her viewing and it was amazing to witness her reaction to the images.
I’ll leave the rest of this post in the words of my client. Enjoy…
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? I did a boudoir photo shoot 10 years ago as a wedding gift to my husband. I thought it would be fun to do a shoot 10 years later, for both of us! 10 years of marriage and 2 kids later, a lot has changed about how I see myself, and how I feel about my body. While I wanted to do this for husband, it was really for me in the end. I’m really trying to see myself in a positive light. To show my daughters how to be a confident woman who sees the good in herself. This was a huge step in the direction!
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? As I described myself to Maura, I’ve always felt like ‘that awkward girl in the corner’. I don’t see myself as pretty, or beautiful. And definitely not graceful or sexy. On a good day, I would think ‘oh, I don’t look too bad today’. I’ve never felt much confidence in myself, though I’ve done my best to hide it.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? After the shoot, I felt amazing. Maura has this genuine way of making you feel beautiful, sexy and confident. I felt like I carried myself differently that night. I started to see the things that she sees in me. I’m not going to say that this is a magic cure that takes away all of those feelings of self-consciousness, but it is an experience that will change the way you see yourself. Maybe not every minute of every day, but when I look at my photos, my confidence is boosted and I feel the way I felt on the day of my shoot, if only for a moment.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Inspiring, confident-building, FUN!!!!!
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? The entire day was amazing. If I have to pick one thing, I’d say Maura’s enthusiasm. It’s contagious! She made me feel immediately at ease and I had a blast from the moment I walked in the door! I never thought I would feel that at ease walking around half naked in front of anyone other than my husband!
6) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? DO IT!! It doesn’t matter if you have a significant other to share them with or not. Do it for you. Seeing myself through Maura’s eyes is like an out of body experience. She sees things that I would never see! She doesn’t see the flaws that I see, she sees the beauty, the curves, all of the good. And she makes you see it too. You’ll walk away from this experience with your head held a little higher, and seeing yourself (at least a little bit) through Maura’s eyes every time you look in the mirror. And your photos will be HOT!!