My clients are remarkable women and I am so proud when they share about their experience. This is from my client.
First, here’s what she posted in my self love facebook group:
“Ok. Real talk, ladies. What an experience. I have so many thoughts but here’s the prominent one:
I’m the Compliment Dismisser from a few weeks ago. Always. I’m a habitual eye roller and my go-to lines to my husband are “you’re supposed to say that” and “you’re delusional but I still love you”. Maura complimented me too but my arguments didn’t hold water with her. No eye roll goes unchallenged. She isn’t obligated to shower anyone with hoots and hollers and exclamations about one’s backside. And, while I make no claims about her state of mind, she has no reason than to see me any other way but reality. No distortion or delusion. This is a tough concept for me but, after seeing my photos this evening, I’m starting to see what Maura sees and, most importantly, what my husband sees every day and has tried to convince me of for years.
When Maura likes what she sees you’re gonna know it! And most importantly, you best believe it’s true!
tl;dr – I never doubted the photos would be amazing. What caught me by surprise was the beautiful woman staring back at me. Maura Magic is a thing but it’s not what you think. Maura Magic doesn’t CHANGE who you are. Maura Magic helps you SEE who you are. You. Are. Beautiful. Powerful. Special. And so much more!”
Here’s what she said about her session:
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? Each year my husband and I select a piece of art as anniversary gift to ourselves. We needed to do something special for our tenth anniversary so we decided to invest in a boudoir shoot. What’s more special than turning yourself into art!?
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? How did I feel about myself before the shoot? I’m a facts not a feelings person so I think I can summarize it best by, “meh…” I have an indifference towards myself. Like, there must be some ulterior motive to any compliments I receive because I’m not special, I’m just me.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? After the shoot, I’m starting to see what my husband sees every day and has tried to convince me of for years. It’s sort of like a fog is lifting from a steamy bathroom mirror and I’m finally seeing myself for the first time. It’s so easy to maintain the walls of protection- if I don’t let the compliments in then it’s easy to deflect the negativity too… WRONG! I can graciously embrace the positive while still repelling the negative. I’m rambling… This shoot, these photos, are helping me understand that, not only am I intelligent and resourceful, I am damn sexy!
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Powerful, Fun, Genuine
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? I really have to pick just one thing?! … From the unexpected exclamations about your butt or the curve of your hip to the warm smile and gleam in her eye when first she sees you in an outfit, Maura’s reactions are authentic. She loves what she does and she loves you.
6) What value do you think a boudoir session brings to your life and the community of women you support? I’ve never really struggled with a negative body image (and for that I am grateful). However, I acknowledge that I am not the normal. The value that a boudoir session brings to a woman is in the uncovering of a confidence you didn’t realize you could have about yourself. The strength that’s found in your eyes. The emotions invoked by your posture. Powerful.
7) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? Maura Magic is a thing but it’s not what you think. Maura Magic doesn’t CHANGE who you are. Maura Magic helps you SEE who you are. You. Are. Beautiful. Powerful. Special. And so much more! Finally, if you are considering a boudoir photo shoot, what’s stopping you? Talk to me about it. Let me help you understand that’s it’s an amazing experience that you won’t regret and will never forget.