My clients are THE MOST AMAZING WOMEN ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!
Here’s what this beauty posted about her session in my private Facebook group (join us):
Okay so where to start, where to start.
A little backstory on me, this was not my very first boudoir shoot – I did one once before several years ago. The photographer did them as a one-day special so there were multiple shoots that were done in one day. While they did get some nice pics it was very wham, bam, thank you ma’am. I left the day with some good shots but it wasn’t something that I felt that I needed to do again, I mean how many pics in my panties do I really need.
Then I found the Pics By Chicks Photography Self Love Group.
And I joined.
And I waited.
I sat by the sidelines for one year, two years, and I watched and read.
I watched woman after woman talk about embarking on a journey of self love and empowerment and acceptance and growth.
And a nagging little feeling began to grow.
I wanted to be beautiful, accepted, empowered. I wanted someone to hoot and holler for me. And most of all I wanted to do it for me and only me.
So I took a breath and took a chance.
Can I be honest, it exceeded even my wildest expectations. Maura did my styling and it was incredible. I wouldn’t have ever put any of the pieces that she chose on my body. I mean, they were sexy pieces, they weren’t for someone built like me. Then I slipped them on and I couldn’t believe it – they were for me. They hugged my curves and with one approving hoot from Maura I was sold on every one. And then at the viewing, I couldn’t believe that it was me. It was a whole side of me that I have never seen, let alone felt.
This was not just a photo shoot. It was an event, an adventure. This has been one of the most freeing moments of my life. It allowed me to take a step on a journey of self love, acceptance and growth. It gave me a chance to glimpse myself though the eyes of Maura. And you know what, I like what I see. There aren’t words enough to thank you Maura – because I now have the privilege to know you, I am now changed, for good.
Here’s what she sent me about her session:
1) Why did you decide to invest in a boudoir photo shoot? I had previously done one before and while it was nice and I got some great pics it was quick and I felt like I did it for the wrong reasons. I was doing that one for a gift for my hubby but this time, this was for me. This was for me to feel beautiful and empowered and for me to step out of the clothes I hide behind and for me to feel sexy. It had been on my bucket list to do again for quite a while and finally I stopped making excuses and took a breath and took a leap and went for it; there would be no perfect tomorrow to wait for – today was the time to own it.
2) How did you feel about yourself before your photo shoot? I was so excited about it. Maura doing the styling seriously relieved the biggest pressure that I felt on my first go round, (which was what the ever loving goats do I wear) and with that aside I really just geared up to have an amazing day. For me their were moments when I would glance at myself in the mirror and like I had a little secret with myself. It was like I knew something about me that not everyone gets to see and it was a heck of a confidence boost.
3) How did you feel about yourself after your photo shoot? So the day of my shoot was absolutely incredible and coming off of it was liking walking on cloud nine. I felt like I had gotten to bring out a side of myself that the world doesn’t see. Maura is so incredibly vocal and encouraging and positive that there is no way to not start to see yourself through that lens too and for it to spill forward into your life after. Afterwards, I would catch myself checking out my own butt in the mirror at work and just giving myself a second to smile and remember.
4) Describe your session in 3 words? Empowering Transforming Renewing
5) What was your favorite part of the boudoir photo shoot? Okay so my absolute favorite part was when Maura handed me the outfits for the first time. Maura styled my shoot (highly, highly recommend it) and it was this mix of exciting and a little scary to see what she had picked and to see that first glimpse of how she could see me in ways that I couldn’t see myself yet. It was like that moment when you first get to see the presents under the tree and you don’t know exactly what will happen when you open them but you are flush with adrenaline and bubbling with excitement.
6) What value do you think a boudoir session brings to your life and the community of women you support? I think that it truly is one of the most empowering things I have ever done. And it is truly for every woman. Every single woman is beautiful and powerful and creative and authentic and I think that boudoir gives every woman a chance to connect with that awesome woman inside. I also believe that it is incredibly healing to see yourself through the lens of someone who is seeing you in a positive light of love and acceptance and beauty and that is exactly what Maura does.
7) What would you say to other women who are considering a boudoir photo shoot? Do it. Now. There is no way to ever use words to explain truly how incredible an experience it was. There will always be reasons and goals and excuses and tomorrow’s and in the end none of them matter. You are beautiful and powerful and worthy today so allow yourself to take the leap and experience really seeing yourself in that light. It is an investment in yourself and the best present that you will ever give to yourself.